The SCARC Board is excited to announce a new single day event format for March 24. This will be the first time in ~14 years we have not had a 2 day conference event. We expect this event to enable you to network and have a conference experience with more takeaways to apply back in the office for your time commitment to attend. With a lower cost, we hope that those who may not normally attend will be present this year.
We are a volunteer-led organization, if not for the small group working for you our events would not take place. Please consider getting involved. Give a presentation. Participate in conversations and meet someone new during the event, reach out to your neighbors and continue the conversation through social media afterwards.
A few quick notes:
- Registration is now open! To register, please navigate here to RegOnline. The cost to attend will be $65. (Let us know if cost is an issue and we may be able to work with you.)
- To encourage presentations, we offer to waive the registration fee (no cost) for those presenting! Browse to our call for ideas page to submit a presentation.
- Vendors, please read below for sponsorship opportunities.
The program at a glance
8:30 – 9:30 Maptionary – Network, have a little fun and exercise those cartography skills! (Read this to learn more…)
9:45 – 3:30 Program
10 Hours of experience shared
Ideas submitted include python scripting for annexation process improvement, utilities mapping program, building street and address datasets, challenges in web app development while browser technology is shifting, public safety common operating viewers, story maps – a city perspective, quick-tips for geocoding spreadsheets.
Also, a variety of Esri Staff presentations such as What is New at 10.3, ArcGIS Pro and Mobile Data Collection Best Practices will be offered.
The final agenda should be released early to mid-February.
Workshop Announcement: Enterprise GIS Basics
Please sign up for our March 9 workshop! Browse to this page for more information.
Vendor Sponsorship Opportunities
Increase your company’s name and product recognition with GIS professionals from across the State of South Carolina and demonstrate your support by sponsoring this SCARC event.
Not only will you jump start your company’s name and product recognition, but GIS professionals will also witness your support of their invaluable initiatives.
- Silver ($250) offers one registration and recognition on our website and during the day of the event.
- Gold ($500) offers two registrations, recognition on our website and during the day of the event. SCARC will provide a 5 minute lightning round for the vendor to provide whatever content they wish. We prefer the time to be used as a thought leadership style presentation, but its your choice and can be used to describe products and services.